CariCon Mission Statement
The Caribbean Literary Conference ( CARICON) is the leading literary event of its kind for Caribbean authors and writers throughout the diaspora and focuses on the promotion of Caribbean Literature, Culture and Heritage.
CariCon’s mission is to:
- Foster the growth and expansion of Caribbean Literature throughout the diaspora at large.
- Raise the level of publishing for authors and writers from the Caribbean.
- Create a greater awareness of our true authentic caribbean stories, as well as our contribution to the literary landscape.
- Encourage creative, thought-provoking conversations and connect authors with book lovers.
- Facilitate partnership between authors and publishers, specialty retailers and national chains in order to discover distribution channels, technology and trends in the publishing industry.
Founded in 2021, CariCon participants throughout the Caribbean diaspora will enjoy access to an array of benefits, including extensive educational programming, workshops and literary networking events, as well as new connections to help authors grow their businesses and develop their craft.