How to Attend CARICON
The conference is held in the Ronald Tutor Campus Center building. We suggest that you use the Jefferson and McClintock entrance to the campus. The campus encompasses 226 acres with multiple points of entry. If fatigue is a concern, consider planning your schedule and bringing a wheelchair or other aids. The event does not provide rentals or motorized transportation.
Driving Directions to USC
The USC campus is about 2 miles southwest from downtown and 1 mile from the intersection of Santa Monica Freeway (I-10) and the Harbor Freeway (I-110). The most convenient freeway exit is Exposition Boulevard from the 110. At the end of the exit you will see the campus on the right, one block down the street. Another convenient access is from the 10 to Vermont Avenue south to Jefferson Boulevard.
The University of Southern California welcomes the Caribbean Literary Conference – CARICON 2023 New processes and technologies have been integrated to help you navigate and plan your experience. Event parking is $20 and the USC campus is now completely cashless.
Five campus parking structures now feature Text2Park technology; All you need is your license plate, a mobile phone and a credit card. Drive straight in, park in any regular unmarked space in any of the Jefferson, USC Shrine, Figureroa, Flower or Grind Avenue locations and text the location code (by the elevator or stairwell) to 25023. These structures are patrolled using (LPR license plate recognition) technology. So be sure to enter your license plate information correctly and pay as soon as you park. We recommend parking in the Downey Parking Structure and walking east on Downey Way over to the Trojan Ballroom – The location of the conference. This structure is open for first come first serve sales (credit cards only)
Pay before you board, download the TAP app or load your TAP card with round-trip fare before the event and avoid long lines at TAP vending machines afterward.
- One way trip – $1.75 (includes transfers to other metro lines for up to two hours to complete a one-way trip.)
- One day past – $3.50 (regular price $7)
- Tap your card on the turnstile, or validator when boarded or transferred,
- Use one TAP card per person only.
- TAP cards cannot be shared; each rider must have their own TAP card.
You can download a copy of the conference map here.
At this time, CARICON encourages the wearing of face masks indoors. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing COVID symptoms, please refrain from attending to ensure the safety and health of our audience and staff. By voluntarily attending this event, you acknowledge the following:
- Attending the event includes the possibility of exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. While following specific guidelines and personal discipline may help reduce this risk, the risk of illness still exists.
- You willingly and freely assume all risks associated with illness and infectious diseases such as COVID-19. You also release CARICON and its affiliate partners from any liability.
- You knowingly accept the risk of injury and losses associated with participating in the event, including any harm or loss caused by the negligence, fault, or misconduct of the released parties.
The Seeds Market and Cafe above Tutor Center will be open on Saturday and Sunday 8AM – 5PM, and Starbucks at Trojan Grounds (On campus near Leavey Library) will be open 7AM to 3PM. No other eateries except those at the USC Village will be open.